Thursday, October 16, 2008

Letter To Bing From Art-July 6, 1943

Dearest Bing:

I received your letter of June 18th a couple of days ago and just now I got your letter of the 23rd.
I am glad to hear you made the trip home and back without running out of gas or having any othe rmisfourtunes.
I have run out of V mail and it may be some time before they issue us any more. So I guess I'll have to contend myself with writting air mail or free mail until I get some more.
Do you really think you can persuade Alvin to ride your horse? I don't think he has run on a horse since him and I used to work on Dan Wises ranch. As for myself, I have done very little riding since I worked tor the horse sales yards there. So it would take a while to toughen me up.
You must be planning on a long cold winter to be buying a fur goat this time of the year. I suppose though it's the best time to buy them.
I had a dream last night that I was back home. It was so real I was really disappointed when I woke up and found out I was only dreaming. Maybe I can continue the dream tonight, suppose?
I suppose I might as well close. I started this letter this morning after breakfast and now it's after supper.
Well I didn't even get to close. I had another interruption. Will write again in a couple of days.

Love and Kisses,
Art

No comments: